Donnerstag, 23. September 2010




'Now I tie my pyjamas loosely round me,and lie under this thin sheet afloat in the shallow light which is like a film of water drawn over my eyes by a wave.[..] But I will stretch my toes so that they touch the rail at the end of the bed;I will assure myself,touching the rail,of something,hard.Now I cannot sink,cannot altogether fall trough the thin sheet now.Now I spread my body on this frail mattress and hang suspended.
I am above the earth now.
I am no longer upright,to be knocked against and damaged.
All is soft,and bending.Walls and cupboards whiten and bend their yellow squares on top of which a pale glass gleams.Out of me now my mind can pour.I can think of my Armadas sailing on the high waves.I am relived of hard contacts and collisions.I sail on alone under white cliffs.Oh,but I sink,I fall![..]
I sink down on the black plumes of sleep;its thick wings are pressed to my eyes.Traveling through darkness I see the stretched flower-beds,[..]
I escape;I rise on spring-heeled boots over the tree-tops.[...]
Oh,to awake from dreaming!Let me pull myself out of these waters.[..]
I am turned;I am tumbled;I am streched,among these long lights,these long waves,these endless paths;with people pursuing,pursuing.'


i refused to go out to have waffles and conversation,
i'll stay in my bed with tea and Virgina Woolf's Waves
.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen